Scientific and methodical work of the Faculty of Economics and Management of Sumy National Agrarian University is a purposeful activity in providing scientific and pedagogical, methodological training of professors in order to increase the effectiveness of their educational activities. It contributes to the personal development of the teacher, his pedagogical skills in teaching the discipline, as well as conducting educational work with students.
The system of actions and activities of the scientific and methodological council of the faculty is aimed at increasing the level of professional and pedagogical competence of each teacher, the development of his creative personality, increasing the innovative potential of the scientific and pedagogical team and the faculty as a whole.
Particularly important factor in scientific and methodological work is the setting of goals and objectives, methodological problems, which arefocused not only on the process as itself, but on the end results, a comprehensive approach to solving problems.
Purpose: ideal image, model of desired future result of activity, increase of professional competence, professional creativity of teachers.
The main tasks of the scientific and methodical work of the Faculty of Economics and Management:
– development of the model of the specialist of the XXI century and formation of requirements concerning the level of the professional knowledge, ability to self-study, adaptation to activity under market conditions and self-development;
– сreation of scientific and methodical complexes on specialities and educational complexes of disciplines on the basis of advanced pedagogical technologies and corresponding educational base;
– ensuring conditions for compliance with the requirements of the state license, educational standards;
– determination of contents and forms of educational activity at different stages of training of specialists and their certification;
– studying the contents and nature of graduates’ work in order to make changes and additions to the contents of programs and organization of the educational process;
– development of principles and forms of rating system, criteria for assessment of knowledge, tests for determining the level of professional knowledge and skills;
– development of new systems of informational support of the educational process.
Control components are the primary means of organizing and managing the quality of training. This is largely facilitated by the introduction of modular training and knowledge rating. Control measures include current and final control. Current control is carried out during practical, seminars and is aimed at checking the level of student’s readiness for specific work. The form of current control is determined by the relevant department. In addition, according to the requirements of the credit-module system of study, introduced at the university, after studying the material of each module contents, the compulsory control of its mastering is used.
Final control is conducted to evaluate the learning outcomes at a particular educational level or at some of its completed stages. The final control is carried out in the form of an exam or credit in a specific academic discipline in accordance with the approved “Regulations on examinations and credits at Sumy National Agrarian University”.
The training of specialists in the specialties due to which the training at the Faculty of Economics and Management is carried out takes place according to the curriculum of training Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees, approved by the Rector of Sumy National Agrarian University, agreed with the Educational and Methodical Center of Higher Education of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine , Ministry of Education and Science, by the list of disciplines, number of hours and forms of certification of the quality of knowledge of students of educational and professional program.
In order to train highly qualified specialists, the scientific and methodological councils of the Faculty are working at the problem of qualitative and methodological provision of independent work of students, classroom, current and final control, at the introduction of innovative technologies and teaching methods in the educational process, professional development of pedagogical staff.
The teaching and methodological activity of the faculty is guided by the methodical council, its work is aimed at improving the pedagogical culture and skill of the teachers. The methodological council includes experienced teachers.
The students of the faculty participate in scientific work competitions and competitions among students with excellent knowledge and nominal scholarship holders.
Much attention is paid by the teaching staff to the formation of a contingent of students for the magistracy. Thus, the faculty has created a system of attracting the most gifted undergraduate graduates who were engaged during their studies in students’ research circles. The organizer of this work is the dean and heads of the departments.
The faculty staff makes great efforts for further development of young personality, formation of highly qualified specialists with higher education, being able to work in the field of agriculture and to increase their professional level during life, to protect and promote the values of national culture, independence and citizenship of the state.
Due to this aim, at the Faculty of Economics and Management:
- The educational process is organized according to the factors that determine the quality of education. Factors that determine the quality of economic education of Bachelors, Masters – the quality of educational aim; quality of educational standards, quality of educational programs; quality of personnel potential; quality of knowledge and skills of students – comprehensive training for their studies in the magistracy; the quality of the educational process; the quality of the achievement control system; quality of research work; quality of management structure.
- The quality and efficiency of students’ independent work are significantly improved. For this:
– students’ attention is focused on organizational and methodological support of independent work, variety of its forms and types;
– improving the management system quality of independent work, which provides planning, organization, motivation and control mechanism:
– optimization of the schedule of the educational process and the schedule of classes, the opportunities of the existing educational base are effectively used;
– structural and logical schemes of the specialists training program are developed.
- Students’ research work that is carried out in students’ circles is being increased, directly at the production processes (at the branches of the departments) and during technological practices.
- The teaching staff carries out work on the introduction of new educational and information technologies, in particular, credit-modular system of education, computer testing, methods of mastering the students’ knowledge.
- Measures are being taken to implement the state strategy of teaching students, faculty staff on the issues of life safety and human activity, labour safety, health care, fire safety, environmental protection, strictly adhere to Art. 20 of the Law of Ukraine “On Labour Safety”.
- The attention of administrative and management staff and teachers is focused on strengthening the educational work. Each lecture, practical or seminar classes have an educational orientation, promote the assimilation of universal norms of morality, foster a sense of patriotism, civic and national dignity, encourage students to counter actively the manifestations of immorality, offenses, mindlessness.
- The openness and transparency of the functioning of the educational system are ensured, and explanatory work is carried out among pedagogical employees, students, parents, with the involvement of highly qualified specialists-manufacturers of the processing enterprises, regarding the issues of innovative technologies.
- Work with gifted and talented student youth is organized. For this purpose:
– students’ research is deepened;
– advanced study of individual subjects is organized;
– an annual faculty week is conducted.
- The work on vocational training of students is enhanced, the professional competence of graduates of the Faculty of Economics and Management is ensured, creative connections with organizations and enterprises are established for the purpose of passing all kinds of practice, future employment and creation of the departments branches.
- The Faculty of Economics and Management actively works at the problem of employment of graduates, providing them with the first job, strengthens ties with employment services, agricultural enterprises of various ownership, state institutions.
- The work of the teaching staff is directed towards compliance with the requirements of the Constitution of Ukraine, the Law of Ukraine “On Higher Education”, the National Doctrine of Development of Education of Ukraine, and the state program “Education of Ukraine of the 21st Century”. In connection with Ukraine’s accession to a single European educational sphere, the work of the scientific and pedagogical team is aimed at the implementation of the educational principles of the Bologna Convention.
The educational concept of the Faculty of Economics and Management is to deepen, expand and update the professional knowledge, skills and agrarian specialists, as well as the opportunity to obtain a complete higher education of the specified speciality on the basis of previously acquired educational degree and practical experience, formation of a new generation of managers, institutions and organizations of different forms of ownership, scientific-pedagogical and pedagogical workers of higher educational establishments of I-IV levels of accreditation.